Our premier client is recognized as one of the fastest growing companies across the country and the region by Inc. 5000, Financial Times, Washington Technology, and the Baltimore Business Journal, is a public-sector management consulting firm serving Federal International Development, Healthcare, and Social Services agencies.
The company is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant ideally with experience in accounting within the government contracting space.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform full cycle of accounts payable function.
- Process and organize invoices to ensure bills are paid and received in a timely manner.
- Manage independent consultant agreements for submission and payment terms.
- Maintain accounts by recording, identifying, and verifying financial transactions.
- Collaborate with others within the organization to ensure all financial actions are accurate.
- Review accounts payable vouchers for accuracy prior to posting to the accounting system.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization.
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card, wire, and EFT.
- Maintain Vendor Master Files.
- Ensure payment and receipt agreements are accurate in the system.
- Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
- Generate and review monthly reports.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits.
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS forms (1099’s).
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Solution accounting irregularities in processes.
- Assist in documenting policies and processes.
- 5 plus years of general accounting experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in accounts payable, receivable, and general accounting.
- Government Contracting experience.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software suite.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS), preferably in finance or accounting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing growth
- Customer service driven towards all external and internal
- Unwavering professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive company/employee information.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Concur experience a plus.
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data.
- Outstanding math and research skills.
- Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry.
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Place of Performance:
Remote – Preferred candidate will reside in DC, Maryland or Virginia and be able to attend period meetings at PMCG Washington, DC office.
Please email us at email@example.com with resume to be considered for this position.