Location: Fort Meade, Maryland
Type: Full Time
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
Internship: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Minimum of six (6) years full-time counseling experience post-licensure; documented counseling supervision, oversight, and management experience.
- Experience in behavioral interventions, critical incident event management, public speaking, and case management.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
Basic Life Support (BLS): possess and maintain current course completion documentation for BLS through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program.
Security Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- Ability to practice at the independent level without requiring state mandated clinical supervision and demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standard and ethics requiring delivery of psychological services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds, including enlisted personnel, officers, senior military and civilian leadership, spouses and other family members.
- Well versed in crisis debriefing, traumatic event counseling, individual and family counseling, case management, and training.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and present formal briefings and speeches to leadership.
- Understanding of the military lifestyle and culture is highly desirable.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.