Our federal government contracting client within the healthcare space has a 140 year legacy of providing service and support to Warriors, Veterans and their families to live healthier, more productive lives by providing a wealth of resources and deep clinical expertise. We are a conducting an immediate search for a experienced federal Contracts Proposal writer.
- Works in coordination with Proposal Manager and leadership team to provide end-to-end writing support for assigned proposal section(s) or volume in response to Federal solicitations to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response.
- Coordinates with Proposal Manager and leadership team to develop a compliant outline for assigned proposal sections.
- Provides end-to-end writing support for assigned proposal section or volume in response to Federal solicitations to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response.
- Participates in win theme strategy development and refinement. Ensures incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with proposal requirements and RFP requirements.
- Develops ideas and mock-ups of explanatory tables and graphics
- Utilizes proposal database and previous bids to research content for compliant proposal responses.
- Meets with Bids & Proposals team, Business Development, Capture, and Operations staff to review RFP and determine requirements to develop compliant, customized proposals.
- Interviews identified subject matter experts throughout Magellan Federal to get accurate information for inclusion in proposals based on requirements and platform.
- May conduct technical edits of volumes to ensure compliance and “one voice.”
- May participate in color review process as a reviewer.
- Ensures proposals are archived in content management system.
- Works with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership, to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve content development processes.
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the proposal team regarding processes, tools, and templates.
- Develops a solid understanding of Magellan Federal programs and technical offerings.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 5 + years of experience developing technical narratives in response to Federal solicitations.
- Bachelor’s in Communications, English, Journalism or other related field.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement process.
- Ability to write and edit in clear, concise, and compelling language.
- Ability to interview and work with subject matter experts to acquire knowledge of subject matter.
- Ability to develop graphic concepts to illustrate and clarify subject matter.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple functions within the
- Ability to analyze compliance-driven/technical documentation to determine government requirements and to understand
- complex customer issues within the public sector.
- Ability to work closely with multi-functional teams to develop a customer-specific proposal strategy.
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced,
- deadline-driven, matrix environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive and SharePoint, as
- well as the Adobe Suite.
- Ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools (e.g., database, online procurement systems).
- Certification in Shipley Proposal Process.
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Communications (Required), Bachelors: English (Required), Bachelors: Journalism (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications – Preferred
APMP – Association of Proposal Management Professionals – Enterprise
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.