Our client is looking for a GIS Integration Engineer (alias: GIS Backend Developer) that will serve as a lead developer on data integration initiatives (built with Node.js and/or Python). Looking for experience (and interest) building data pipelines (e.g., proxy servers, middleware, etc.) for structured, unstructured, and geospatial data that deliver centralized web resources to various client apps. Looking for someone who enjoys learning new technologies and working closely with others. DC-based position although team is fully remote. US Citizenship required. Must be willing to obtain Public Trust and pass a background check.
• Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
• Utilize the Node.js and Python frameworks to integrate Esri back-end web services, custom REST web services to create streamlined interfaces that support map and data-centric applications.
• Design, develop, and manage server-side workflows including data-enrichment APIs
• Support the continued development of a future-facing development culture based around emerging technology using the latest relevant technology (e.g., Knowledge Server, Tracker for ArcGIS) techniques and best practices
• Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
• Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
• Suggest innovative technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use
• Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks
• Experience designing, developing, and supporting geospatial software application development efforts include task areas related to data visualization, data automation, data migration, and database development
• Provide ArcGIS Enterprise administration, platform configuration guidance, and geospatial technology best practices to customers
• Support customers using of the ArcGIS Enterprise and address user requests
• 2+ years working with Ruby, Node, or Python).
• 2+ years hands on experience managing dynamic, persistent data in production-tier databases. Hands-on experience performing relational database management (e.g., with PostgreSQL) is a plus.
• 2+ years hands on experience working with and configuring tools in ESRI Enterprise product stack. Experience integrating native OS authentication and services with ESRI stack is a plus.
• Experience with Python developing server-side data enrichment routines that integrate with both web-based and back-end resources
• Ability to work independently to rapidly prototype web-applications, widgets, and app features to showcase new concepts and ideas
• Work with the client and team members to understand the requirements for developing geospatial solutions leveraging Esri’s ArcGIS Platform and other GIS software stacks
• Familiarity dealing with ETL processes to dynamically inject project information into spatial databases
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Experience in building CD/CI infrastructure (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.) is a plus.
About the Hiring Company:
Our client is an award-winning small business that has over 14 years of experience supporting the US Government. We provide both Professional Services as well as Transformational Software Solutions for our customers. Our deep technical expertise in Geospatial Information Systems, Enterprise Data Management, User Centered Design, Cloud & Platform Services, and a wide range of Acquisition Support Services will provide your career the boost you have been looking for. Our culture is based on empowering our staff and customers with knowledge and tools to achieve mission success and career advancement.
• Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Spot and Incentive bonuses for outstanding contributions of individuals who are making a difference to our company.
Please be advised that the company in accordance with the Executive Order (EO) 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors’ is considered a “Covered Employer”. As a federal government contractor, they are required by this EO to make sure that all employees and new hires are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18th, 2022, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Proof of vaccination will be required.
The company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Please email us at email@example.com with resume to be considered for this position.