Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, District of Columbia, United States
Our valued government contracted client is seeking a Journeyman Accountant for a requirement with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). The position is located at DIA HQ on Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling.
The Journeyman Accountant will assist in the focus areas of Internal Controls and Financial Statement Audit Liaison. Typically performs all functional duties independently.
- Internal Controls. Provide accounting and technical support to implement, test and report on internal controls to include Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), Internal Controls Over Financial Systems (ICOFS), Internal Controls Over Non-Financial Operations (ICONO), and Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act (IPERIA) functions. Assist in the following tasks:
- Perform work to validate processes, recommend improvements to strengthen internal controls. Provide support to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, to include OMB Circular A-123.
- Prepare adequate documentation to support assessment and testing of ICOFR, ICOFS, and PERIA programs.
- Assist management and government staff as required in establishing the necessary processes in support of MICP. Where applicable, assist in updating and providing training to ensure all processes meet ICOFR, ICOFS, and PERIA objectives.
- Assist management and government staff in tracking, compiling, and reporting the ICOFR, ICOFS, and IPERIA testing results in the DIA annual Statement of Assurance (SoA) and the Agency Financial Report (AFR) as necessary.
- Participate and assist the internal controls program team, as needed, testing for compliance and validating results to ensure compliance with Federal laws and regulations and gather and maintain sufficient evidence to support conclusions
- Assist management in performing risk assessments, and in implementing a sustainable internal control program.
- Financial Statement Audit Liaison. Maintain an Audit Readiness/Sustainment Program Risk Management Strategy and metrics, coordinate and facilitate requests for audit related data, and maintain automated tools to support daily operations. Assist in the following tasks:
- Coordinate, track, and monitor auditor issued NFRs and respective Corrective Action Plans and remediation efforts providing oversight guidance regarding corrective action designs, development, implementation and documentation thereof
- Maintain an Audit Readiness Risk Management Strategy that allows the PMO to identify, monitor, and respond to risks impacting the goals and objectives of the Audit Readiness Program.
- Maintain a performance management plan that ensures alignment of Audit Readiness/Sustainment Program goals and objectives with sound key performance indicators and metrics
- Coordinate, facilitate, and track the request for audit related data (e.g. Auditor Provided by Client [PBC] requests) between Agency Directorates and Special Offices, and Integrated Audit Team (IAT) and Independent Public Accountants Auditors
- Track the progress of internal and external deliverables, review and validate responses, and facilitate the submission of requested deliverables to external stakeholders, including DoD and ODNI.
- Maintain a quality assurance (QA) program that ensures each audit readiness/sustainment deliverable(s) and other work products meet internal and external stakeholder, including ODNI and DoD, requirements and standards are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Audit Readiness Database, automated tools and methodologies to support the daily implementation of the Audit Readiness Program, working in conjunction with the agency’s Manager’s Internal Controls Program team(s) to ensure all business processes (identifying all key controls) and dependencies are documented, up to date, and centrally filed and accessible.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Current DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Minimum 3-10 years federal accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL), OMB A-136 reporting requirements,
Experience using the Treasury Financial Manual (TFM) and DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR).
- Must be able to compile and analyze large and complex data sets using the Microsoft office suite and its advanced functions (example: Ability to use Microsoft Excel and the pivot table capability with large and complex datasets).
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- MA/MS Degree
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work with us, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.