On behalf of our government contracting client, the Public Services Librarian will provide customer service to patrons, including reference, information, program development, training, and direction to library patrons. Works with Patrons to access a variety of
information resources ranging from conventional to those available by advanced technology.
Required Skill Sets:
• Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution
• 1-2 years of experience providing reader advisory services
• Preferred experience with reference in legal, legislative history, congressional, and regulatory research
• Experience with front desk support, reference, reference development
• Experience with outreach and developing new patron services
• Work experience with U.S. Federal document collections
• Strong skill/experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS), preferably OCLC WMS
• Experience working with Lexis, Westlaw, HeinOnline or CLEAR Investigative database software
• Experience in and/or practical working knowledge of library automation, personal computers (PC), and
simple PC troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience using WORD, Excel, or other PC applications
• Knowledge of HTML or experience using website development software (e.g. Dreamweaver) desired.
• Performs other assignments upon request
Please email us at email@example.com with resume to be considered for this position.