Our federal contracting client firm is seeking a full time (40 hours per week) Talent Acquisition Associate to support its current corporate Recruiting team. This is a REMOTE opportunity that will support their corporate office which is located in Fairfax, VA. The qualified candidate will serve as a subject matter expert in attracting and recruiting talent and applying advanced sourcing strategies and best practices to fill open positions. The candidate we seek will have demonstrated experience in utilizing creative and innovative sourcing techniques, government contracting experience, demonstrated knowledge of the Service Contract Act and knowledge of Federal and State compliance mandates governing the recruiting processes and employment procedures. This position will provide HR administrative and logistical support for company-wide recruitment efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Write, design, post, and track compelling employment ads for assigned position openings
• Successfully identify and recruit candidates from traditional, niche job boards, internet sourcing, social media, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs
• Recruit, screen, interview, and refer qualified candidates to hiring managers
• Proactively engage with hiring managers, providing ongoing status of sourcing activities and candidates.
• Facilitate background and reference checks via Taleo
• Collaborate with HR team to ensure offers of employment are extended following all required approvals including compensation negotiations (closing steps)
• Identifies and participates in job fairs and open houses
• Establishes and maintains mutually beneficial effective relationships with applicants, management, third party recruitment agencies, staffing firms, colleges, local employment agencies, third parties, and other employment resources
• Ensures maintenance of required records and reports on employment activity, including, affirmative action recordkeeping and postings
• Maintains the applicant tracking system (currently Taleo)
• Participates in the company’s staff planning activities and counsels/interviews managers to determine hiring requirements
• Generate various staffing metrics and ad hoc reports
• Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of candidates
• Exercise knowledge as related to EEO policies, diversity and benefits
• Develop sourcing strategies to locate and attract “hard to find” candidates
• Customize applicant tracking system (Taleo) as appropriate for increased team efficiency
• Perform appropriate recruiting support during proposal efforts and contract transitions (sourcing and resume preparation)
• Exhibit a keen understanding of technology and be conversant with technical terms
• Leverage sourcing tools, innovative recruitment strategies, technologies, and resources
• Recommend and implement creative and productive enhancements to applicant identification, qualification, and selection processes in order to strengthen competitive advantages
• Provide HR administrative support as needed in the day-to-day functional areas of employee onboarding, tracking, and maintaining employee records.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of recruiting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of multiple sourcing techniques
• Current working knowledge of Taleo Business Edition or another applicant tracking system
• Proven track record of recruiting for multiple government contract positions (Service Contract Act, technical, non- technical and cleared) while meeting tight deadlines
• Ability to perform administrative work of a complex nature with a high degree of proficiency
• Results driven, customer service-oriented and relationship builder
• Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion and protect privacy of information
• Strong interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
• Knowledge of standard employment practices and current regulations.
• Previous experience in a government contracting environment preferred
• Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency
• Ability to work a schedule commensurate with the demands of the organization is required
The client is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans’ status or any other legally protected status.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume to be considered for this position.